The administration of Baikal State University (Irkutsk, Russia) is happy to inform You about one of Russia’s leading universities and its Bachelor’s and Master’s academic programs, which might be interesting and attractive for undergraduate applicants from different countries.
Baikal State University is located in Irkutsk, a large administrative center in Eastern Siberia, with population of over 600,000. Only 60 km away from Irkutsk there is the world-famous lake Baikal listed among UNESCO’s world heritage sites. Irkutsk is a multicultural city, which helps people of different nationalities fit in the local environment, and many non-residents feel like home here. Irkutians are friendly and tolerant, and demonstrate a true interest in cultures and ways of other peoples.
The university has a long history, and for over 100 years, since 1894, it has become a large academic and scientific center, and is currently establishing itself in the international education space. Long-time traditions, highly-qualified teaching staff, well-established scientific schools, and a wide range of academic programs – all these guarantee a high quality training of potential specialists and executives. We gladly invite young people from different countries to study at Baikal University.
In the coming 2019-2020 academic year the university offers
- 25 Bachelor’s programs (a 4-year academic period);
- 30 Master’s programs (a 2-year academic period).
The university not only provides classic academic training on Economics, Management, Tourism, Commerce, and Business analytics, but also offers relatively new programs on International Relations, Journalism, Linguistics, Translation Studies, Art and Humanities, with the focus on Theory and Methods of Teaching Russian to Students of Other Languages, Language Support of International Relation, Theory and Practices of Cross-Cultural Communication.
The advantages of studying at Baikal University include:
1. A wide range of Bachelor’s and Master’s academic programs based on our best practices;
2. Up-to-date EdTech;
3. Opportunities to acquire competences relevant in a multi-cultural environment;
4. Communication and interaction with students from over 10 countries; inter-national academic groups;
5. Master's programs International management and Banking and Finance (in English);
6. Opportunities to choose from a number of languages, including Russian, to study, as well as to learn language teaching methods;
7. Participation in academic mobility programs due to established links and cooperation with foreign universities and international organization;
8. Favorable geographic location and accessibility of Irkutsk;
9. A comfortable and well-equipped campus, which facilitates the academic process and helps to combine study, rest, and sports activities. The dorms are easily accessible, and cost about $ 10 per month.
Choosing Irkutsk as place for their academic residence, foreign students get a wonderful opportunity to travel and observe beautiful local sites, and get to know cultures and ways of other nations.
Among our strategic priorities – strengthening our international links, internationalization of higher education, building-up partner relationships, and enhancing friendly connections. We are aimed at providing high-standard training for students, and developing the university into a cross-border educational center.
We sincerely hope for the interest in the prospects of co-operation with us and training students from different countries at our university. The more detailed information about Baikal University, regulations for foreign students enrollment, and academic programs is available at our website/
Best regards and wishes,
Vice-rector for Academic Issues, BSU